AAA Northeast Scholarship
The scholarship program provides financial assistance to children and legal dependents of employees of AAA Northeast who have been employed full-time for at least one year at the time of application.
The application for this program is currently closed.
About the awards
Scholarship awards are renewable for up to four years, and are based upon the employment status of the parent of when applicant first applied. Up to 12 new scholarships for $2,500 will be awarded annually. Payment will be made to the recipient’s school of choice.
- Must be the child and legal dependent of an employee of AAA Northeast who has been employed full-time for at least one year at the time of application unless a renewing applicant who has previously been awarded a scholarship to the Fund. Children and legal dependents of AAA Northeast executives are excluded.
- Must be a high school senior or first, second, or third-year student at an accredited post-secondary institution, including but not limited to a vocational-technical school, that offers a two or four-year degree; if a high-school senior, then must enroll in and attend such institution in the first academic term following graduation from high school.
- Must demonstrate academic achievement as evidenced by a GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent).
- Must demonstrate good character and potential as evidenced by the application responses and a required essay of up to 300 words.
If you have not previously received a AAA Northeast Scholarship, create a new online application.
Note: If you already have started an online application, please log in to your account page to edit the application that is in progress
A complete application includes:
- AAA Northeast Worksheet
- Recommendation letter
- Other documents (optional)
Application deadline: 5 p.m. (EST) on April 15, 2020
The application opens in January of each year, and all required documents must be received by the deadline in order to be considered. The club has partnered with the Rhode Island Foundation, and the Foundation will evaluate the applications and select the recipients considering the application materials provided. Club Management will not screen applications or make recommendations.
All scholarship applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision during the summer. Renewing applicants must re-apply annually and meet the above stated criteria.