AAA Northeast Scholarship
The scholarship program provides financial assistance to children and legal dependents of current employees of AAA Northeast who have been employed full-time for at least one year at the time of application (initial or renewal).
About the awards
Up to 12 new scholarships for $2,500 will be awarded annually. Payment will be made to the recipient’s school of choice.
You are eligible to apply if you:
- Are the child and legal dependent of a current AAA Northeast employee (director level and below) who has been employed full-time for at least one year at the time of application. Children and legal dependents of AAA Northeast executives are excluded.
- Are a high school senior or first, second, or third-year student at an accredited post-secondary institution enrolling full-time in an associate or bachelor’s degree program. If a high-school senior, you must enroll in and attend such institution in the first academic term following graduation from high school.
- Demonstrate academic achievement as evidenced by a GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent).
- Demonstrate unmet financial need.
- Demonstrate good character and potential as evidenced by the application responses and a required essay of up to 300 words.
The club seeks ways to support diversity in pursuit of higher education, and minority students are encouraged to apply.
Scholarships are renewable for up to four (4) years assuming all criteria is still met.
If you have not previously received a AAA Northeast Scholarship, create a new online application.
Note: If you already have started an online application, please log in to your account page to edit the application that is in progress
A complete application includes:
- AAA Northeast Worksheet
- Recommendation letter
- Student Aid Report (SAR) from FAFSA
- Other documents (optional)
Application deadline: 5 p.m. (EST) on April 15, 2021
The application opens in January of each year, and all required documents must be received by the deadline in order to be considered. The club has partnered with the Rhode Island Foundation, and the Foundation will evaluate the applications and select the recipients considering the application materials provided. Club Management will not screen applications or make recommendations.
All scholarship applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision during the summer. Renewing applicants must re-apply annually and meet the above stated criteria.