AAA Northeast Scholarship
The scholarship program provides financial assistance to children and legal dependents of current employees of AAA Northeast who have been employed full-time for at least one year at the time any scholarship would be awarded
About the awards
Up to 12 new scholarships for $2,500 will be awarded annually. Payment will be made to the recipient’s school of choice.
You are eligible to apply if you:
- Are the child and legal dependent of a current AAA Northeast employee who has been employed full-time for at least one year at the time any scholarship would be awarded.
- In the academic term following the application, must attend an accredited post-secondary institution, including but not limited to a vocational-technical school, that offers a two or four-year degree.
- Demonstrate academic achievement as evidenced by a GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent).
- Demonstrate unmet financial need.
- Demonstrate good character and potential as evidenced by the application responses and a required essay of up to 300 words.
The club seeks ways to support diversity in pursuit of higher education, and minority students are encouraged to apply.
Scholarships are renewable for up to four (4) years assuming all criteria is still met.
To apply for a AAA Northeast Scholarship, click the link below.
A complete application includes:
- AAA Northeast Worksheet
- Recommendation letter
- FAFSA Submission Summary from FAFSA
- Other documents (optional)
Application deadline: 5 p.m. (EST) on April 15, 2024
The application opens in January of each year, and all required documents must be received by the deadline in order to be considered. The club has partnered with the Rhode Island Foundation, and the Foundation will evaluate the applications and select the recipients considering the application materials provided. Club Management will not screen applications or make recommendations.
All scholarship applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision during the summer. Renewing applicants must re-apply annually and meet the above stated criteria.