Robert G. and Joyce Andrew College Scholarship Fund
This annual scholarship program offers need-based scholarships to graduates of Rhode Island high schools pursuing an undergraduate degree at select Rhode Island colleges and universities.
The Robert G. and Joyce Andrew College Scholarship Fund was created by the late Bob and Joyce Andrew, who recognized the importance of education, as well as the high costs associated with attending college. Through the Andrews' hard work and generosity, graduating students are eligible for awards for up to four academic years to pursue degrees at Providence College, the University of Rhode Island, Bryant University, Roger Williams University, Rhode Island College or the Community College of Rhode Island.
The Andrews' gift, the largest ever given expressly for scholarships in the Foundation’s history, is a celebration of their lives, and will continue to make a meaningful difference in the lives of others for generations to come.
Scholarship Award Details
The scholarship provides annual educational aid for graduates of Rhode Island high schools. Awards are renewable for up to three academic years following the first award, with proof of continued financial need and academic good standing.
Awards will be made by June 30, 2022.
To be eligible, students must:
- Be current seniors or have graduated within the last three years from a high school (public, independent, or private) in Rhode Island;
- Have been accepted or currently enrolled in an undergraduate course of study at Providence College, the University of Rhode Island, Bryant University, Roger Williams University, Rhode Island College, or the Community College of Rhode Island.
Student must demonstrate evidence of financial need, as demonstrated by the Student Aid Report from the Free Application for Federal Aid (FAFSA) and supplementary information about his/her family’s financial resources and projected expenses, and prove that this scholarship will make a meaningful difference in their educational plans.
A personal essay.
Student should demonstrate a track record of strong academic performance and intellectual rigor as demonstrated by a transcript.
Deadline and Application Materials
Applications are due by midnight on Monday, May 9, 2022.
A full application consists of:
- Completion of an online application form.
- Financial Information Worksheet: Please download this template, complete the form, and upload the document along with your application.
- Student Aid Report from Free Application for Federal Aid (FAFSA): Please upload the latest version of your Student Aid Report (SAR).
- Transcript: Please upload the most recent version of your student transcript. This does not have to be the official transcript supplied by your school.
- Scholarship Resume Worksheet: Please download the worksheet, complete the form, and upload the document.
- Letter of Recommendation: A letter of recommendation completed by a current or former teacher of the applicant and emailed to email@example.com.
All application components must be uploaded to the Foundation’s application portal.