Rhode Island Expansion Arts Program
Supported by a collaboration between Rhode Island Foundation, Rhode Island State Council on the Arts (RISCA), and Rhode Island Council for the Humanities (RICH), the Rhode Island Expansion Arts Program (RIEAP) offers funding and organizational assistance to community-based, culturally diverse arts and cultural organizations.
It supports small organizations whose programs and missions center on the cultural practices and traditions of Rhode Island’s diverse peoples. RIEAP provides the skills and tools these organizations need to grow as equal partners in the Rhode Island arts and cultural community. Priority is given to newly-emerging groups and those with little history of grant funding. In seeking to build the capacity of these organizations, RIEAP recognizes the broader role they play in strengthening their communities including cultural preservation, education, and youth development.
Funding fosters greater connections across the arts and humanities and provides leadership and professional development for a broader network of RIEAP-eligible arts and cultural organizations.
The Rhode Island Foundation, Rhode Island State Council on the Arts, and Rhode Island Council for the Humanities select four organizations to participate in this multi-year program which includes:
- $10,000 grant each year for three years to each organization
- Participation in capacity building workshops
- Access to professional consultants
- One-on-one consultation with an experienced arts and culture administrator
- Potential opportunities for professional development and additional grant funding
- Small organizations whose programs and missions center on the cultural practices and traditions of Rhode Island’s diverse peoples
- Organizations that reflect and engage the people and experiences of racially diverse communities in our state