Helping You Give Well
Explore the advantages to channeling your philanthropy through the Rhode Island Foundation.
We're here to help you give well
- Flexibility – There are many ways to give. We'll work with you, or your advisor, to determine the simplest - and best - way to make your philanthropic wishes a reality.
- Sound investments – Charitable gifts become part of our highly-diversified investment pool. Our scale allows us access to some of the top-performing money managers in the country.
- Expertise – We know Rhode Island. Our team of grantmakers and philanthropic advisors will work to ensure that your investment has impact. We have the resources, relationships, and expertise to offer guidance and to perform necessary due diligence
- Permanence – through the Rhode Island Foundation, your charitable dollars create a permanent legacy in, and for, Rhode Island. We are committed to enduring that your gift will support the causes or organizations that you choose, forever.
- Tax benefits – The Foundation is a 501(c)(3) public charity as classified by the Internal Revenue Service. Your contributions qualify for the maximum allowable deduction for income, gift, and estate tax purposes.
Your donations – no matter how big or small – are deeply appreciated
Foundation donors are recognized in our publications, on our website, and are invited to events throughout the year. Many become part of our legacy society, and all fund names have a place on the walls of honor at our office, but for those created anonymously.