Fund Development Cohort
This is a cohort learning program designed to provide participating nonprofit organizations with the knowledge and skills needed to build fund development capacity.
The fund development cohort will focus on key components of a successful fund development program, including fund development planning, donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship, and more. The overall focus of this cohort will be on small nonprofit organizations seeking to increase streams of income through increased/improved/structured fund development planning, efforts and strategies that are scaled to their existing resources.
- Cohort: consists of up to 8 organizations, open application process.
- General sessions with built in breakouts as needed, i.e. individual org breakouts, collective board member/ED breakouts, etc. (topics and sequencing subject to change based on program needs. Initial session(s) will be virtual, with the format of later sessions determined by the status of COVID-19 in Rhode Island.
- Consultations as needed with RI Foundation staff.
- Small fund development capacity building grants of $8,000 per organization.
Participating organization characteristics:
- Organizations that are selected through an open application process for participation in the cohort. Preference will be given to nonprofits with a social justice mission.
- Team members must consist of ED, at least one board member, additional and appropriate team members, i.e. board members, program staff that have a role in supporting organizational fundraising are more than welcome to participate.
- Organizations without development staff
- Organizations reliant on ED and/or board members for fund development planning and efforts
- Organizations with few, if any, other organizational staff, i.e. program/service/admin
- Annual organizational revenue of less than $1 million and no dedicated development staff
FD Cohort Info Sessions (optional): September 16, 2021
- 11:00 a.m. - Zoom Meeting ID: 873-1434-7699, Zoom Meeting PW: 318303
Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87314347699?pwd=Yk5FZ0J2OE8vY3ZnY2xUR2VaQ0pWUT09
- 3:00 p.m. - Zoom Meeting ID: 830-5374-2105, Zoom Meeting PW: 104367
Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83053742105?pwd=d2lKZ2JsOGZINytiTTZ6MHBmb0l2dz09
Click here for an application which is due September 27, 2021.
Email applications to Keith Tavares at firstname.lastname@example.org