The Rhode Island Foundation is the largest and most comprehensive funder of nonprofit organizations in Rhode Island. Since 1916, the Foundation has aligned its fundraising, grant making, and civic leadership efforts to address Rhode Island’s most pressing issues and the needs of diverse communities. The Foundation is a dynamic, fast-paced workplace. Its dedicated employees are committed to creating positive change in Rhode Island.
The Foundation is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant. They will provide critical administrative support to the Strategy & Community Investments department, focusing specifically on assisting the Grants Programs and Capacity Building teams. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing administrative duties in support of Strategy & Community Investments team members;
- Providing excellent customer service to grantees, applicants, and community partners who seek assistance from the Foundation;
- Keeping current on Rhode Island Foundation grant programs, processes, and offerings in order to deliver the highest quality customer service both internally and externally;
- Preparing meeting materials, assisting internal and external committees, providing logistical support around events and workshops; and
- Working within the Foundation’s databases of record to update and maintain critical information.
The ideal candidate should be a strong team player who is dependable, proactive, and adaptable. A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a professional office setting with customer contact is required, as well as excellent communication and relationship building skills. Experience with data entry and reporting, document preparation with proficiency in Microsoft Office products is essential.
The Rhode Island Foundation encourages a diverse work environment and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive salary.
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements by December 23, 2019 to email@example.com.